CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
Tenth Annual National Schools to Watch® Conference
June 27-29, 2013
The National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform
Proposals are due April 15, 2013
Proposals must be submitted through the online form (address below)
If you need assistance please contact
The National Forum Staff
We welcome presentations from all designated Schools to Watch sites and National Forum members. This conference will have designated strands, and you are asked to direct your presentation to one of the following strands. On the online form, you will be asked to indicate the one strand that best fits your presentation.
____ Academic Excellence ____ Developmental Responsiveness
____ Organizational Structures ____ Social Equity
Please note: The focus of all school presentations should be on the specific programs and policies at a school site that are enhancing student learning and development in one of the four criteria areas of Schools to Watch. Your presentation should not be an overview of your entire school and its programs, but should focus on specific factors in one of the four criteria areas that best reflect your efforts to continue your school’s progress on a trajectory toward success. As you prepare your presentation description and actual presentation, please attempt to answer these questions:
- How is your school addressing a specific criteria area (as you selected above)?
- How has addressing this criteria area changed your school and impacted student learning and attitudes?
- What is your vision for continuous progress?
- How will you continue your present success?
Presentation Dates and Times
Presentations take place on Friday, June 28th from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM and Saturday, June 29th from 8:30 AM to 10:45 AM immediately preceding the brunch, Re-designation Ceremony and Keynote Speech. Return travel arrangements should be made after the conclusion of the program at 1:00 on Saturday. We do not alter assigned presentation slots to accommodate early departures.
There are no projectors, screens, computers, sound or internet equipment provided. Projection is onto a finished wall, which gives an excellent picture. You are welcome to provide your own equipment or arrange equipment directly with the hotel. Note the hotel equipment is very expensive. There are tables set up in the middle of each room with power strips so you can easily set up a computer, overhead projector or speakers.
You can plan on about 30 attendees per session.
Newly designated and Re-designated Schools to Watch schools for 2013 receive ONE special presenter registration for presenting. All other presenters pay at regular conference rates.
- If a school does multiple presentations, it is still just one reduced registration per school.
- If two schools from the same district do one presentation together it is only one reduced registration.
- In order to get the (1) $200 Special Presenter Registration, you need to register by June 7, 2013.
Notification of Proposal
- Notifications of your proposal acceptance will be via email by April 30, 2013. (Proposal preference is given to newly designated and re-designated Schools to Watch and assigned on a first come first serve basis.)
- Notification of your presentation time, day and room will come in a letter sent via email on or before April 30, 2013. Conference sessions are scheduled through Saturday morning, so please arrange return travel arrangements after 1 PM on Saturday, June 28th.
- If your presenters change please notify us by May 7, 2013 so that we can get your information accurate in the Program Booklet.
If you have questions, please contact: